Christian values underpin all of our life in school. Within the ethos of its Christian foundation, our school seeks to foster the full potential of every child by:
- Promoting the pupils’ spiritual and moral development
- Fostering a feeling of self-worth
- Valuing high standards of teaching and learning
- Creating a safe and happy environment for learning
- Fostering a respect for others and for the world about them
- Creating a partnership with parents and families
- Playing an active role within the town of Stone and the wider community.
Children and staff participate in a daily act of collective worship. Regular weekly visits from Reverend Ian enhance our worship in school. We celebrate special occasions at St. Michael’s Church visiting at least once a term. Our children in Years 2, 3 and 4 attend the Thursday Communion service at church once every 3 weeks. Parents are invited to join our acts of worship for parental services.
Our afterschool ‘Adventurers Club’ meet once a week to explore Christian values by looking at bible stories and using drama, song and games to further their understanding. The club is open to our youngest through to our oldest children and is led by both teachers and members of the church community. The club ends with a short act of collective worship to which all parents are invited to attend.